Friday, July 27, 2007

The Truth About Forever

I was first introduced to this book by a friend of mine and I am very glad I read it! I would recommend this book to anyone because it is just an enjoyable read. The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen is the perfect read for teenagers as it deals with hardships, friendship, love and heartbreak; everything that teenagers can relate to. Trust me, you will not want to put this book down!


The Truth About Forever starts out at the beginning of summer. Macy Queen is already prepared for what she thinks is going to be the worst summer ever. Her boyfriend is leaving for camp and all Macy can think about is how alone she is going to be all summer. Then Macy meets a group of crazy people in a catering business and they convince her to work with them. Macy is doing something totally out of her comfort zone for the first time in her life, taking a chance. Macy ends up meeting Wes, a boy who has a completely difference lifestyle than Macy. At first look, Macy and Wes are complete opposites, but once they start talking and sharing stories, they see they are not so different after all.

To explore the front and back cover of The Truth About Forever click here.

Review by Carly

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sounds like the kind of book I would enjoy reading! Where does the story take place? When I read I book, I like to visualize myself being in the "character's shoes." Did you find yourself doing that?

Anonymous said...

I have read all of Sarah Dessen's books, and during each one, it is so easy to get caught up and feel like you are a part of the story. I would recommend any and all of her books to my friends (mainly girls though). They can be a quick read, but the stories are unique and heartwarming.

Anonymous said...

This book takes place in a small town in the northeast. And yes, i do find myself visualizing I'm in the character's shoes. Sarah Dessen is an excellent author who describes things very thoroughly so it makes it very easy to feel like you are right there in the book feeling the same emotions as the characters.

Anonymous said...

I've read many of Sarah Dessen's stories but not this one. Is it just as good of a read as This Lullaby or Just listen?

Anonymous said...

Well I have not read Just LIsten yet but this is definitely just as good as This Lullaby, another great book I would recommend!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Kayla, I really think I would like this book. I see that people think this book is good for girls and I wonder if you think boys would also like it?

Bernotas said...

I would recommend this book for girls mostly because it is kind of a romantic story but boys would like it too if they like a little love story once in awhile.

Anonymous said...

I loved this book but are her other books just as romantic?

Anonymous said...

Hi, will anyone answer this question, I really would like to know!